Thursday, March 19, 2009

Keeping it real....real dirty....

Okay...you all know that we have two dogs in our house. That is no secret. Unfortunately, my dirty little secret is that the two dogs like to treat our sunroom as their indoor potty.




Despite our best scrubbing attempts we could not get this tile and the grout back to the state we knew it started in...white!





So, I called a carpet cleaning company to make an appointment to come clean the carpet in the mini man-cave and found out they also do tile and grout cleaning. Well, I was all over that like white on rice!




Yea, it was nasty...we had mopped and scrubbed the sunroom the night before...





This is one of Morey's favorite spots....apparently he's not a big fan of the fireplace and likes to pee on it regularly.





Here is the same spot post-cleaning! Can you believe it!?!?! It was worth every penny I paid these guys!





Now I'm not ashamed to have anyone step foot in my sunroom...




Oh...and we discovered the grout had never been sealed in the first place, making it crazy susceptible to stains. Shooter promptly sealed it when it was dry. Now...we just have to get those pups to quit peeing in there! (but honestly I'd rather them pee in there than on my laminates where they can do more damage)

L.

4 comments:

Bekah said...

wow what an amazing difference!! I once scrubbed the tile at my dads house with a toothbrush and bleach...I would have much rather called the cleaning service too!

Lindsey said...

What a difference, great job!!!

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing @Bekah. It sounds more military punishment than a cleaning activity!!

They did an amazing job... I would so pay someone to do that too!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they did a great job! The tiles and grout looks fab!!