Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Purging

I'm on a mission. An organizing mission. A mission to purge. A mission to rid my home of excessive amounts of junk and things I don't want/need/like anymore.

It's kinda like Spring Cleaning Mode has hit our house early this year. It started with the weeding out of my Christmas decorations. I'm going in a whole new color direction next year, so out with the old and in with the new! This last weekend I spent Saturday morning going through all my drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. Tossing, organizing, cleaning, sorting. I was a whirling dervish!

Now...if only I had an entire week of those moments of clarity. An entire week where I had boundless and endless energy and could knock out all the nooks and crannies of my house. To tackle that desk that's become the buffet in the dining room. To work my way through Shooter's "Man Cave" and not run screaming from the mere sight of his desk. To work out other storage solutions so that my guest room closet doesn't look like the upper shelves of a Sam's Club. To figure out how to make my master bathroom a more usable and lovely space.

Actually...I might need more than an entire week to accomplish all that. Perhaps I could just declare myself a stay-at-home mom (even though we don't have kids) for a month and just take care of all that stuff. Oh, who am I kidding. If I had a month off, I certainly wouldn't be spending it working in my house all day.

Oh well...here's to hoping that I get more days that inspire me like Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh you brave soul... I stay out of "the man cave" !!!