Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Okay...maybe it's not that bad.

Alright, so I went home last night, dusted off the old flute case, and found my box of music in the hall closet (go figure). Believe it or not, it all kinda came back to me. Of course, I was never all that good at sight reading music so the piece I'm going to do is one that I've played since I was in high school. I know the nuances in an out. Now...if I can only get my embouchure in shape. Egads it was rough going at first. I hope that a little practice every night will help get me in shape so that I can make a decent showing at my audition.

Oh...and apparently the dogs can't stand to be in the same room with me when I practice. Shooter says it's because (and I quote) "Laura, I think your flute playing hurts their ears." Needless to say he spent the night on the couch. Well, okay, he didn't - but I got really mad. Well, okay I didn't get all that mad, but I gave him a good poke in the ribs for it....and made sure the dogs slept between us in the bed. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so wish I would have learned a musical instrument growing up. I bet the flute is hard on the lips.

Laura B. said...

Kelly, it has been surprisingly hard to get my "flute lips" back. I wanted to do a different piece but couldn't get my lips to cooperate with my fingers. ha!