Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Times they are a changing......or maybe not!

Wow...can I tell you how much I've been loving this second trimester. I've got more energy and I'm just feeling so much better.

HOWEVER....there are things that haven't changed.....

* Like how I fall asleep on the couch at 9pm
* Like how I can't take my medications without gagging
* Like how I gag on my medications and ultimately spew them into the toilet
* Like how my bewbs have grown to mammoth proportions
* Like how my bewbs KEEP GROWING despite my protestations
* Like how I have to go and take a nap after lunch
* Like how I wake up every morning completely amazed that there is a little being growing inside me
* Like how I will bust out crying for absolutely no reason
* Like how it seems like I'm eating constantly
* Like how I have this constant congestion
* Like how this constant congestion isn't going away anytime soon

It sounds like I'm complaining but honestly I'm not. I'm truly enjoying being preggers and some of it might be because Shooter is being so gosh darn awesome about the whole thing. I can't even begin to tell you how lucky I am to have such a wonderful man like him.

Also, I had a dr. appointment today where I learned that my blood pressure is still awesome and I actually LOST two pounds from my appointment three weeks ago! Now, I started out this journey overweight so losing some weight during the pregnancy isn't such a big deal for me. And losing this weight came about while I have been eating constantly!!! Albeit, I have felt so much better in the last three weeks and have been eating so much healthier, so maybe that has something to do with it. Well, eating healthy if you don't count the amazing desire I have for either McDonalds or Krystal hamburgers. ;-) I said I'm doing pretty well, not perfect!

Oh...and we were finally able to hear the baby's heartbeat today with the handheld doppler in the dr. office. My doctor and I were so happy and had huge grins on our faces. We'd been trying since 10 weeks to hear the little booger and it finally made itself known today. I had been feeling a lot of round ligament pain, so I was hoping that the baby had moved up enough that we'd be able to find it.

Well, there's my update...hope everyone else is doing fabulously!!!

L.

5 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

This is such a dream time in a pregnancy! I'm glad you're enjoying it and taking every moment in, because this first time being pregnant is so great - and so is hearing that glorious heartbeat for the first time!

Vanessa said...

Even though some things haven't changed, it sounds like you are progressing beautifully. :)

calicobebop said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying this trimester! How fun!

I had a hankering for bean burritos and Totino's Pizza Bites when I was preggers. Mmmm... Pizza bites...

Bekah said...

aw yay! you heard the heartbeat!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow... cleavage, eating and losing weight- aren't you lucky!! :)

I'm glad Shooter is being awesome, I'm sure that makes things less stressful for you! :)