Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A big huge bowl of sinful deliciousness!

I made a chocolate trifle for a dessert social we had at our church on Sunday evening. We had an auction to raise money for HOPE and a concert by our praise band and a comedian performed as well. It was a blast.

I decided on this amazing chocolate trifle that I hadn't ever made before. It was rated really high at Allrecipes.com, so I figured what the heck.

Darn it if I didn't get a picture of it...but I'm sure I'll be making this again. I used a grocery bakery made chocolate creme cake and made a pudding layer with instant chocolate pudding, sweetened condensed milk, water and homemade whipped cream. Then put a layer of strawberries and raspberries and topped it with homemade whipped cream. I then repeated for four more layers. I topped it with more strawberries, raspberries and chocolate curls. It was delicious!!! I'll make it again and post pictures...I promise!

2 comments:

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I gained a pound just reading it. My daughter asked me today why I liked to exercise. I replied "Because I love to eat." lol

for a different kind of girl said...

That sounds decadently delicious! I should have saved reading this post for the morning (much later this morning!), for now I'm going to go to bed and imagine that dessert!