Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And now for something completely different.....

I have realized that I have a side of me that has the sense of humor of a 13 yr old boy. After realizing that I'm not the only one with this affliction - For A Different Kind of Girl has named her inner 13 yr old boy Seth - so I got in touch with mine and found out his name is Kevin. He has a rude sense of humor and enjoys burps, farts, and generally off color humor. The sensible 35 yr old lady side of me detests Kevin. She finds him rude and socially unacceptable. Perhaps their struggle is the root of my anxiety? Ha!


Regardless, they coexist. My husband actually like's Kevin...they watched Transformers this weekend and LOVED it. When Kevin takes over we have burping contests. It's a male bonding thing I guess. ;-)


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


For those of you who pray, I need you to keep my family in your prayers. My oldest cousin's family is under crisis and her ex-husband is set on killing her emotionally - and physically if he could get away with it. He's using their son with no regard for his emotional health. Please pray that God will keep them all safe and that He will deal with the evil that has taken over the ex-husband.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I planted more flowers in my garden over the weekend. Shooter helped me dig out the area around our mailbox and I added some good topsoil to it and then planted some really pretty daylillies around. I can't wait for them to get good and settled and start flowering. It's going to be really pretty. I also added some more flowers to the big bed in front of the house, mostly annuals - which I know I said I wasn't going to do but I couldn't help myself! I hope to get pictures soon!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Well, I think I'll take Christine's advice and go burp the alphabet...it'll definitely make me feel better! ;-)

4 comments:

Di said...

Pierre enjoyed the Transformers movie too lol...and Ultimate Fighting, Football, Hockey, White Water Rafting while he's at it.

He however does not enjoy fart jokes, cannot burp and hates to be dirty but will if he really has to.

Unknown said...

Kevin, hu? I wonder if I have an inner child of a different sex... doubtful as I am one of the least girlie 26-almost-27-year-olds-I-know.

for a different kind of girl said...

I try to keep the voice of reason around here in my houseful of boys, but when the burping starts, I swear, there are days Seth literally bursts forth. Seth also likes to toss up the rock hands a lot. He'd probably be really annoying to teenage girls, who secretly crush on him!

(Ha! I've put WAY TOO much thought into my inner teenage boy!)

Bogart said...

There is something attractive about a 12-year old's humor coming out of a proper lady. Claire should name hers.