Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Did a green thumb come along with my pregnancy???

Okay...several weeks ago I wrote THIS BLOG POST talking about mine and Shooter's weekend of gardening. Well, let me show you what's been happening to our tomatoes, basil and petunias since the end of April.

This is one of the window boxes. If you remember, this had three scrawny little plants in it and didn't look like it would ever amount to much. Well, it's proven me wrong. :-)




This is the silver bucket planter that had 6 scrawny plants in it about a month ago. It didn't take this planter long to get full to the max. It's so packed in there with blooms, I can hardly get in there to dead-head the petunias so they keep blooming!!



This planter had two SAD little red cherry tomato plants in it a few weeks ago. We already had to put one cage around them and now we're trying to figure out what to do with the stragglers who are blooming and will likely break off when the tomatoes start coming on if we don't do something about them.



This planter is in the same shape as the other one...it's going BANANAS!!!!!




Here's a close up of just a few of the tomatoes growing on the plants. We're going to be overrun here in about 4-6 weeks.




I just thought a picture of the blooms was pretty....




Oh...and here is the basil....it may not look like much now...but this is AFTER it got a pruning....




Here's the first harvest of basil for the year. Now...I just have to find some takers for it.... :-) Actually, I may make a batch of pesto and freeze it. I'll have to do some investigating on uses for basil. :-)


Later!
L.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm i love basil!! PESTO!!

the cubicle's backporch said...

Wow, your flowers (and other plants) looks AMAZING!! I'm very impressed!