After looking at it in the store for a good long time, I decided that it wasn't going to work. Cute as it was, it just wasn't what I was after. I decided I wanted something more vibrant.
So Mom and I went to Babies R Us and looked around. We added tons of stuff to my baby registry and then went and looked at the bedding. One immediately stood out to me because of it's bold colors and striking patterns. I knew it was what I wanted. Here is a picture:
It's going to be absolutely striking in our nursery with the dark wood crib and neutral walls. I cannot wait to get it all set up! Oh...and when Shooter looked at the picture online he thought the block in the bottom right corner was pink, hence the comment about his son not having pink bedding. After zooming in I showed him that it was a red and white check pattern that just looked pink in the photo. He was noticeably relieved. ;-)
I actually have a timeline for me and dear old Shooter. Our goal is to have the room finally cleared out, painted, carpets cleaned and the crib assembled and furniture in the nursery by the end of March. It's a pretty lofty goal, but I think we can achieve it if we really push ourselves. I'm feeling great these days so I think we'll make it. :-)