Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday reflections

Wow...it's pretty amazing how a good night's sleep can help clear your head. Yesterday was just a really hard day and I ended up crying over dinner and then having a good cry when I got home later. It was a chance to purge myself of all the sadness, bitterness and doubt that had plagued me all day. It's gone...the clouds have lifted....your comments were certainly cherished.

---------------------------------------

Now....can I just say that I really do have a problem with men who decide to be less than gentlemanly. I was on the bus this morning coming from the outer reaches of Mongolia where Shooter and I decided to buy our little slice of paradise...and since I was one of the last lucky patrons to board, I got to stand. I had men sitting all around me and not one of them got up and offered their seat to me. There were 4 other women standing, besides myself, and no one offered them a seat either. What's up with that? I mean, seriously.

----------------------------------------

For the first time in over a month Shooter was home before me last night! It was awesome to have him back on a regular schedule of getting home before primetime TV starts!!!!

----------------------------------------

Praise be to the makers of Excedrin Migraine. I got home last night and was barely able to open my left eye. I left my sunglasses on for over 30 min. I was sick to my stomach and bitchy....and then I took two Excedrin Migraine, laid down for 30 min and I was a new woman. Praise be to that miracle little pill. :-)

---------------------------------------

I have to say that I'm addicted to Facebook. I love it. Myspace is crap next to Facebook.

---------------------------------------

I tried to go today and give blood. I wanted to do my part as a red blood cell producing American so I signed up and hauled myself down there. I finish filling out the form and then am reading the mandatory informational packet and I realize I didn't bring my ID down...so I'm going to have to come back up to my office and get it. And then I also notice that I'm supposed to speak with the registration crew since I've had a tattoo in the last 12 months. So, I mention this to them...the kind lady looks at me and says, "In the State of Georgia?". I answered that yes, it was in Georgia. She said, "Well, Georgia doesn't regulate tattoo parlors (or something like that) so we have to mandate that you wait 12 months after having a tattoo." Well crap that! I tried to do my duty and give a little blood and I get turned away. I didn't need to lose any platelets today anyway....so PHBLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

---------------------------------------

Peace, love and chicken grease, ya'll!!!

7 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

I need to get me some of the Excedrin! I have some generic stuff and oh, not so much in the helpful department!

Also, I have a friend who got me hooked on Facebook and has me trying to destroy him in Scrabble. And I will, if it destroys me!

Di said...

Facebook ROCKS (insert rock on hands here) !!!

Unknown said...

glad the rest helped.

I don't do facebook, but you can find me on myspace and I am NOT changing ;)

Julia said...

Girl, don't you know chivalry is dead?

haha, you're funny :)

tz said...

one of those things that can get me on a soap box...how rude people can be...my goodness...it's not just a woman man thing..it's common courtesy to another human being! grrrr
please and thank you
opening doors
offering someone to go ahead of you if they only have a couple of things in the grocery line...

stuff like that, it's what seperates us from the apes!

Unknown said...

see, that's why i like tattoos. i don't like giving blood.

facebook vs myspace? eh... i like that i can make my myspace pretty :) facebook all looks the same. but i found a lot more friends there.

Ok, Where Was I? said...

I admit that I still sort of wonder about guys that aren't gentlemanly--even though I'm a total feminist. But the time it really struck me was when I was 6 or 7 months pregnant (but looked more like 13 months pregnant) and I had to ride home from campus. I couldn't get to the buss when it pulled up as fast as the nonpregnant folk, so I was always left without a seat. Day after day no one ever offered me a seat. NO ONE. Some days I was just ready to cry.