Monday, July 21, 2008

A Pretty Decent Monday....

Wow...after totally not wanting to get up and moving this morning....it's turned out to be a pretty decent day.

I hadn't mentioned this because I never like to talk too much about work and especially not on my blog - but I interviewed last week for a 50% position at work. I was asked today to accept the position - and I did!! I'm so excited. Basically my job will now be 50% Executive Assistant (staying with my boss who I've worked with for 4+ years) / 50% Training Coordinator for Consultants and Admin. I have an amazing opportunity ahead of me in that I will be working with my supervisor to create a comprehensive training program for the admin group. I will also handle all the training needs for all consulting staff in our office. I'm super excited about the challenge.

--------------------------------------

My parents are also coming into town this weekend - they're bringing my cousin SK some furniture and seeing me in advance of my b-day. In preparation for their arrival, I was framing some photos and such yesterday. Wow...I can't wait to get them all up on the walls!

Also, we found a king sized headboard in brown leather at Garden Ridge for $200!!!! I loves it. When the 'rents arrive I'm going to get my Dad to go with me and we're going to go pick it up...it's a little big to fit in our little car - good thing they're bringing the truck. :-)

---------------------------------------

Oh....Shooter bought a HUGE smoked pork butt this weekend....something like 15 lbs of meat. I've already eaten it smothered in BBQ sauce twice this weekend. Now I'm brainstorming on all the different ways I can eat pulled pork. I'm think enchiladas one night (Thanks, Di!!) and other than that I'm stumped. HELP!!!!!

----------------------------------------

Later!
L.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 50/50 job! Are you doing anything special to celebrate?

And I think I saw the headboard at Garden Ridge, I liked it a lot. It always helps knowing (or being related to!) someone with a big truck!

Unknown said...

*nudge-nudge* she said bbq pork butt.