Saturday, July 18, 2009

Baby Parker has arrived!!!

Well, as I posted Wednesday a week ago, I had been having issues with my blood pressure. After being observed on Tuesday I went back on Thursday just to be checked out and found out that my blood pressure was still as high and my doctor was very nervous about things.

She sent me back over to the hospital to be observed and see what happened after a few hours of rest. Well, the OB on call came to see me after an hour and said, "Well, I think we need to get you ready for a delivery. I'm ordering Cervadil for the night and then we'll start Pitocin in the morning to get your labor going." I nearly freaked out! Shooter comes to the hospital to stay with me and then I get on the phone with my parents so they can begin the drive from Tennessee to Hotlanta for the birth of their grandson.

On Friday morning they pulled the Cervadil and then started the Pitocin at 9am. At about 2:30pm I started having these horribly strong contractions that had me crying and writhing in bed. I then found out that they were so strong because I had a full bladder. Once I went to the bathroom they subsided to the non-existent point they were before. At 4pm the OB on call came in and checked me and I was barely, and I mean BARELY, 1 cm dilated after 7 hours on Pitocin. Also, Parker's heartbeat was starting to drop with each of my contractions so the OB on call was justifiably concerned. She decided at 4pm to do a c-section and Parker was born at 5:11pm on Friday, July 10th. He weighed in at a healthy 8 pounds 3 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. I found out later that I wouldn't have been able to deliver him anyway due to a huge kink in his cord, about the size of Shooter's fist. He had somehow somersaulted and knotted his cord in a big way!

I owe a huge debt of thanks to the OB who delivered Parker because she made a decision that saved me a lot of pain and saved Parker pain as well. I have recovered remarkably from my c-section and we're all doing amazingly well.

My parents have been here all week with me and have been a godsend. I do not know what I would have done had they not been here...especially Mom...whew....she's an angel for sure, peeps!

Anyway. I'm slowly working on getting photos in order and such and I'll be posting them soon!

Hugs to all of you!
L.

4 comments:

calicobebop said...

CONGRATS!!! That OB is a genius! Glad everything went fairly smoothly. Can't wait to see the pictures!! Take care!

for a different kind of girl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy things went as smoothly as they possibly could. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Bekah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Ive been wondering if your lack of posts this week meant he was here!! YAY!!! Cant wait to see his sweet face!

Bogart said...

Congrats...So happy for you.