Saturday, November 10, 2007

Just another crazy Saturday




Whew...I am left trying to catch my breath after another crazy Saturday....of course I'm talking about college football. Specifically Southeastern Conference college football. In the Fall this obsession competes with all other obligations I might have. My nails do not get manicured, my laundry piles up to the ceiling, my dogs howl and whine to be fed, dishes pile up in the sink and my hiney is constantly numb from sitting on the couch or in a chair watching hours of football. I suppose I come by this obsession honestly...I am after all a girl of the South. My father instilled in me a passion for college football, more specifically Southeastern Conference college football, and MOST importantly the University of Tennessee Volunteers. Yes, I was born and raised in Knoxville and bleed orange. Okay...that's cliche...however it's true, and I glow in the dark. I was born in Oak Ridge after all. Anyway, girls like me are prized in the South. I'm a girlie girl, I love to dress up and do my hair, nails and makeup. I love dresses and lovely handbags....and I love to scream and yell and throw chicken wing bones at the TV when the ref makes a horrible call. My husband loves that about me....at least he says he does....

See, I so named this blog the right thing...I ramble, I get off topic and I basically converse by free association. I realize this and I accept it....you'll get no apologies from me.

Okay....so as I was saying...I basically plopped my football loving self in front of the TV all afternoon to watch my beloved Vols play Arkansas...yes, dear ones, my Vols won! It was a glorious afternoon indeed. THEN, Shooter's "Back in Black" Georgia Bulldogs pulled one out against Auburn. He's happy, my podmate at work will not. Personally, and shhh don't tell Shooter that I admitted this, I was hoping Auburn would win...but I never betrayed myself and rooted for Georgia - they're a mighty fine team after all (Do ya'll Knowshon? You should...he'll be a Heisman winner in a couple of years). Best yet, those darn Illini beat Ohio State. I laugh in the face of the BCS right now. I have hated the BCS since it's inception and now they're completely thrown into a tizzy. I LOVE it.

Alright...now I get to pick at my cuticles, chew my bottom lip and twirl my hair in anticipation of next week. It's a big one...Vandy...you laugh but I do not. Vandy used to be the whipping boy of the SEC...no longer. They always seem to figure out a way to make the lives of Vol fans miserable. As so many pundits have said...and I've heard it so much it makes me wanna faint...we hold our own destiny in our hands....

No comments: