Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Family, Fun and Food

My Mom's side of the family has always done something fun on Christmas Day evening. Sometimes it's going to a movie, a lot of times it was bowling, and last night we had a Wii tourney at my cousin's house. We had a blast and by we, I mean me and I have to say that I really must get a Wii for myself. That thing is addictive and way fun! I had thought I wanted one...now I know I have to have one. Shooter agrees with me. So, we'll see what we can scare up over the next few weeks.

I made a new dip for the fam last night and it was very well received. It's the second time I have made it and everyone seems to really like it. Unfortunately I have no pictures, but I'll give you guys the recipe.


Laura's Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 - 8oz packages light cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
1 package Perdue Shortcuts, shred chicken into smaller pieces
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
celery sticks
Fritos Scoops

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and blue cheese dressing (I use Marie's brand that you get in the produce section) together with a hand mixer on low speed. Pour that mixture into an 8x8 baking dish. In a medium size bowl, combine chicken and wing sauce (I use Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce). Pour the chicken over the cream cheese mixture. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min or until bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and Fritos.

I hope that your holidays were filled with as much fun, food and good times with family as mine.

No comments: