Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Pound of Pure Sinful Bliss!!!

Ahhh....poundcake. For Southerners, the mere word poundcake invokes memories of their grandmothers (or mothers), and bundt pans, and tons of butter....and more butter.

Cream Cheese Poundcake

3 Cups Sugar
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
8oz Cream Cheese, softened
6 eggs
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 package Toll House Chocolate Chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pan by liberally greasing it - I use Baker's Joy. Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs and the flour, alternating additions of each. Add pinch of salt. Toss the chocolate chunks with a little flour and then stir into the batter. Add to the pan and bake for 90 min.

I decided that it was time that I try to perfect Shooter's grandmother's recipe for Cream Cheese Poundcake. Shooter's Mom makes the best poundcake and try as I might, I just can't get it down. I blame it on my gas oven...hear that Shooter...I need a new oven, STAT!!!! Anyway...so I baked a couple plain ones that were pretty darn good. I then got a wild hair and decided to try adding in chocolate chunks. They were getting better each time....until this last one....the one I had to take to Shooter's Family Christmas Celebration. Yup, the Christmas gathering with all the fam...including Shooter's Mom. GULP. Shooter volunteered me to bring the poundcake...I coulda shot him...hehehehe. Not really, baby! ;-) Anyway...I thought, sure! I'll do this! Umm...not so much....I overbaked it....badly. It wasn't horrible, but by far not my best. So I got home and crawled into the corner and cried. Not really...but I felt bad about baking such a disaster. Anyway...here are my little snowmen stalking the poundcake...at least it looked good...




No comments: